Cookies are small files that are downloaded onto your computer, mobile, or other device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise your device. They help your browser to navigate through the website by allowing you to sign in automatically and by remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies don’t harm your computer or device.
You can learn more about cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our websites. They allow you to make full use of our online shopping and personalised features.
- For essential technical reasons – such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to pay for your products in checkout
- To distinguish you from other website users. This helps us to:
- remember you when you return and to personalise our website to you, such as saving your bag or remembering what you last viewed or searched for.
- target advertising towards you based on what you like and what you view and search for
- To collect statistical and analytical information about how visitors use our websites – so we can improve the way our sites work and to measure the success of our competitions and campaigns
- To enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties – for example to pay a partner if you’ve made a purchase on one of our websites by following a link from their website
We use both ‘persistent’ and ‘session’ cookies:
- Persistent cookies are stored by your browser and on your device until their set expiry date (unless you delete them first)
- Session cookies expire as soon as you close your web browser
We use some, or all, the following types of cookies on our sites:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are essential cookies. They’re used to carry out requests you make when you use our sites – for example, remembering information provided by you, such as the items you’ve put in your shopping bag. If you choose to opt out of getting these cookies, then won’t be able to use our sites properly. You’ll still be able to browse, but you won’t be able to put anything in your shopping bag or buy it.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to collect data about the way you’ve used our websites, so we can record information about what you’ve viewed. We use these cookies to measure if our customers are getting the most from our sites. We then use this information to improve our sites and help us understand how our customers move around them. These cookies may also be provided by a third party analytic tool, but will only be used for purposes related to our websites.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow websites to remember choices you’ve previously made that are specific to you – for example your country selection, language preferences or when you choose to remain signed-in.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies remember information regarding how you’ve used our websites and other websites, so that we can show you promotional and other targeted information based upon the things you like and what you’ve searched for and viewed.
- Web Beacons: We place small images or ‘beacons’ on many of the pages on our website and in online advertising with third parties. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our website. This includes (amongst other things) the date and time of your visit, the pages you looked at, the page you came from, the type of browser, the type of operating system and the domain name of your internet service provider (ISP). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analysed as a whole and is useful in many ways, including tracking the performance of our online advertising (such as online banner ads) and to determine where to place future advertising on other websites.
We’re constantly developing our site, so the cookies we use may change from time to time. If you’d like a list of the cookies we’re currently using, please use our Contact Us form.
We may display video content on this website using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to improve your experience. If you want to disable or delete a Flash cookie, please visit Adobe Flash Player global security settings.
Please bear in mind that if you disable Flash cookies you won’t be able to access certain content on our website which uses Adobe Flash Player, such as videos.
Some cookies may be set by third parties when you visit our websites. These third parties may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our websites, companies that participate with us in joint marketing programmes, as well as other third parties.
These cookies are controlled by the third parties, so please check the third-party website for more information and to find out how to manage their cookies. These third party cookies don’t collect personal information that could identify individual customers.
If you share New Look content on social networks, you may be sent cookies from these sites. We don’t control the sending of these cookies, so we advise you to check these third-party (social sharing) websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
- Disable cookies on your computer or device
- Delete New Look cookies after you’ve visited one of our sites
- Use your browser’s anonymous setting (called ‘Incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ for Internet Explorer, ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari)
To disable (or enable) cookies…
You can enable or disable cookies in your website browser settings. How you do this will depend on which browser you’re using.
If you disable third party cookies only, some elements of our sites may not function properly (eg. targeted advertising) but you’ll still be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
To learn how to manage cookies using the latest browser versions, you can follow these links:
For further help, visit allaboutcookies.org