On the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you we use your information for the following purposes:
This section describes how and when we may collect your personal information.
‘Personal information’ means any information relating to an individual which can identify them – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to an identification number, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, address, date of birth, location data or an online identifier (e.g IP address, cookie or device identifier).
When you do any of these:
- Set up an account on any BuyArrive website
- Place an order
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draw
- Upload an image or comment
- Sign up for our newsletter or subscribe to any other services that we offer
- Fill out any forms on any Chica Ropa website
- Browse our website
- Purchase goods in store and request that a receipt is e-mailed to you
- When you return goods purchased in store but do not have your original receipt
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email or chat facility
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone/ mobile number
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address browser type and operating system. For further information about the use of your IP address and technical information please see our cookiespolicy.
We might sometimes ask you other details, but any information which you are required to provide is identified by an asterisk. We’ll also require your credit or debit card details when you place an order (unless you pay with PayPal).
We use your information for the following:
- So we can personalise your shopping experience on our sites
- To assess the effectiveness of our marketing activities
- To allow us to handle your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds
- To let you know about your orders
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date
- For statistical, analytical or survey purposes – so we can improve our websites and their services to you
- Identify the devices operating systems and applications you use to access our website
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites. Also to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- To understand your behaviour (based on the information available to us) so that we can send or show you information, offers, surveys and online advertisements for products or promotions we believe are most likely to interest you
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- To process your application when you enter a competition promotion or prize draw. (If there are other purposes specific to that competition promotion or prize draw, these will be explained in the applicable Competition Terms & Conditions)
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who operate elements of our service and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution, and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of data protection laws.
Your personal information may be processed by us or our service providers outside the European Economic Area in countries that don’t have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK. If your personal information is processed outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
We may also disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for data processing, service and administration purposes. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to any successors in title to our business or to a buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets).
Your personal information and payment card details will be processed by CyberSource Limited and CyberSource Corporation (together “CyberSource”) for the purposes of dealing with payment transactions and to protect against fraud. Your personal information will be processed on our behalf by CyberSource and your credit/debit card details are shared with CyberSource and stored by CyberSource outside of the European Economic Area. We will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
We may carry out fraud and security checks with CyberSource and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. If we or they suspect or identify fraud we and/or they may record this and may also pass this information to other organisations for the purpose of fraud prevention. We, CyberSource and these other organisations may use this information for fraud prevention purposes in the future.
We will also disclose any of your personal information to any third party where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
Our sites use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our sites.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our sites.
If you sign up to our newsletter, or ask us to send it to you, we may keep you informed by email about our products and special offers that we think you’ll like.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, or to change your mind at any time. You can opt out by:
- Choosing not to sign up for our newsletter and other marketing offers when you create your account.
- Changing your MailingMe preferences at any time. You can do this in the Contact Preferences section in My Account, or you can tell us by using our Contact Preferences page.
- Unsubscribing from our newsletters by following the link on the newsletter (every newsletter we send you will include a link to allow you to opt out)
We’ll try our best to process request promptly but it may take a few days for your opt-out or unsubscribe request to be changed.
As well as the right to withdraw consent you have previously given and the right to object to us processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests you have a number of other rights under the data protection legislation which are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should e-mail [email protected] giving sufficient information to enable us to identify you and the nature of your request.
Right of access:
You have the right to ask us to confirm if we are processing your data and information about what data we are processing, and why, where we got it from, how long we keep it for, who we pass it to (and if those recipients are outside the EEA the safeguards that are in place), and whether we use automated-decision making, the logic behind and consequences of such decision making. You are also entitled to a copy of the data about you that we are processing, if you are only looking for copies of specific information please let us know what this is so that we can respond quicker.
Right to rectification:
If information we have about you is inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected, if it is incomplete you have the right to have it completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right of erasure:
You have the right to have your personal information deleted if it is no longer necessary for us to have it, if we were processing it on the basis of your consent which you have withdrawn, if you have objected to us using our legitimate interests to process it and there are no overriding legitimate grounds not to do so, or we have processed it unlawfully. If you would like to request your personal information is deleted, you can do so here.
Right to restrict to processing:
You have the right to restrict our processing of your information If you believe that it is inaccurate or if you have objected to our processing it based on our legitimate interests, or if our processing is unlawful or we no longer need your information but you do.
Right to object to processing:
You can object to us processing your information based on our legitimate interests unless we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for doing so. You can also object to us using your information for profiling or for direct marketing purposes.
Right of data portability:
You have the right to a copy of your data in a commonly used machine-readable format and to ask us to pass such a copy to another orgnaisation.
As a general rule we will keep your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, however we may keep it longer if we are required to because of a legal obligation on us, for example:
- Information relating to transactions may be kept for up to six years after the transaction has completed for accounting, auditing and taxation purposes.
- If you close your account or withdraw your consent to us using your information for direct marketing we may retain some of your information for up to 12 months after to deal with any disputes that may arise.
Our sites may also contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these websites’ privacy policies before you submit any personal information to them.